Honda Marine BF15D2SH
A portable powerhouse.
The BF15 and BF20 are as convenient as you can get. At just 104 pounds, they are among the lightest in their class. Yet they‘re all Honda DNA: quiet, reliable, fuel efficient, and loaded with features.
Like the highest output charging system in their class, giving you plenty of power for all your electronics, even when trolling.
Or large displacement for a powerful performance. Choose the BFP Power Thrust design for even more boost, with 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward.
Add in easy one hand starting, shallow water drive, power tilt, and much more, and you’ve got the ideal combination of power and portability.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Large Displacement - better performance: At 21.4 cubic inches, the BF15 and 20 have one of the largest displacements in its class. Along with the long-stroke design, this provides optimum torque throughout the RPM range.
- Easy One Hand Starting: A built-in decompression release and digital CDI system set the BF15 and 20’s ignition timing. This reduces the effort required to pull-start the engine by hand by 40%!
- Lightweight Design: The lightest 4-stroke model in their class, the BF15 and 20 are easy to transport and convenient to mount.
- Available with Power Thrust Design (BFP) - better performance for heavy loads: The 10" x 7 5/8" Power Thrust 4-blade propeller creates 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward. The result? Improved maneuverability and performance.
- Reverse Exhaust Relief - increased manueverability (BFP models): The exhaust relief feature creates more power in reverse by minimizing cavitation around the propeller blades. The exhaust relief is located above the cavitation plate, allowing the prop to run in clean, exhaust-free water.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
- PGM Ignition - optimal operation: A reliable microprocessor accurately controls ignition timing during start-up and across the entire RPM range. This provides optimum overall operation.
- High Output Charging - more power!: The BF15 and 20 have the largest alternator in their class. These motors generate 12 Amps at only 3000 RPM. This helps to maintain battery charge and keep electronics running at trolling speeds.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: The integrated warning system protects the engine from severe damage due to low oil, over-revving and overheating.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Longer Tiller Handle - better control: A convenient longer tiller handle improves control and reduced steering effort. The extended handle is made of a lightweight composite, increasing its durability while decreasing the motor's weight.
- Auto Start Enrichment - easy starts: Auto Start Enrichment acts as an automatic choke. Just like a fuel injection system, it automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture for quick, easy starting and warm-up.
- Pendulum Mount System - Smooth operation: Honda's exclusive triangulated rubber mount system absorbs vibration and provides unbelievably smooth operation.
- Convenient, Up Front Tiller Controls: A convenient front-mounted shift lever allows fingertip shifting. The Twist Grip Throttle & Tensioner minimize driver fatigue.
- EZ Steer Friction Control: A unique lever design allows you to precisely adjust steering tension for improved control and comfort.
- Shallow Water Drive: An innovative shallow water drive feature lets you tilt the motor up, allowing you to easily operate in shallow areas. Shallow water drive greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
- Positive Lubrication - better durability: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- 3 Stage Carburetion - better fuel economy: Conventional 2-circuit carburetors go directly from a lean mixture at idle to a rich setting at full throttle. The BF15 and 20 add a third stage for better economy and smoother operation.
- Power Tilt: Conveniently allows user to tilt the unit out of the water. At low speeds acts like a power shallow-water-drive device, permitting access to the shallow water areas.
- Integrated Carrying Handle - easier transport: A integrated carrying handle makes transporting the engine a breeze. The convenient, foldaway carry handle is situated at the exact top/bottom balance point of the engine. This means the engine carries more easily in a level position.
- Available in 15 and 20 inch shaft lengths: Power Thrust models are available in 25" as well.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 2 Cylinder/4 Valves
- Displacement: 350 cc (21.4 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 59 mm x 64 mm (2.3 x 2.5 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4,500-5,500 rpm
- Rated Power: 15 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Electric/Recoil
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: 4 Stage 8 deg.-12 deg.-16 deg.-20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 72 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator with voltage regulator (Electric Start): 12-Amp (148 watt)
- Alternator with voltage regulator (Manual Start): 6-Amp (76 watt)
- Propeller: 4-Blade Aluminum
- Diameter x Pitch, Standard: 9¼ x 10 in.
- Diameter x Pitch, Power Thrust: 10 x 7-5/8 in.
- Power Tilt: Available
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Overall Width: 350 mm/13.8 in.
- S Type: 381 mm/15 in.
- S-Type: 47 kg/104 lb.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke SOHC 2 Cylinder/4 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.3 x 2.5 in. (59 mm x 64 mm)
- 350 cc (21.4 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 15 in. (381 mm)
- 104 lb. (47 kg)
- Trim Method
- 4 Stage 8 deg.-12 deg.-16 deg.-20 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 15 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 4,500-5,500 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 1 Carburetor
- Electric Start: 12-Amp (148 watt); Manual Start: 6-Amp (76 watt)
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty